We are a boutique visual effects company based in Culver City that boasts a DIY attitude and an underdog spirit. We expect our artists to maintain strong attention to detail and an independent work ethic, as well as the ability to multitask on a regular basis.
Filmworks/FX, Inc. is looking to fill several positions in both Los Angeles and New York for the upcoming television season as well as for current feature film projects. To apply, please email your reel, resume, and the title of the job you are applying for, to email@example.com
Los Angeles: Texture/Surfacing Artist - Contract
- Must be able to create photo-real textures for creatures and mechanical objects
- Textures must hold up to large format feature film exhibition.
- Artist would be required to work on-site with directors and producers.
- Artist must have basic technical knowledge of assigning textures to Renderman, shaders in Maya and presenting looks in Renderman.
- Must be able to adjust UV's as needed.
- Final renders will be done in Renderman.
Los Angeles: Look Development Artist - Contract
- Must have experience using Maya and Renderman.
- Creatures, spacecraft etc. need to be developed for a science fiction photo-real feature film.
- Artist must be able to manipulate textures and shaders for rendering.
Los Angeles: Character Animator - Contract
- Should have a good sense of photo-real creature motion.
- Must be able to interpret movement in gravity as well as zero G.
- Proficiency in Maya is a must.