We are a boutique visual effects company based in Culver City that boasts a DIY attitude and an underdog spirit. We expect our artists to maintain strong attention to detail and an independent work ethic, as well as the ability to multitask on a regular basis.
Filmworks/FX, Inc. is looking to fill several positions in both Los Angeles and New York for the upcoming television season as well as for current feature film projects. To apply, please email your reel, resume, and the title of the job you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org
New York: VFX Coordinator with 2-3 years of experience.
Create and organize Schedules and Calendars for multiple Projects
Dates for Ingest, Review, and Delivery
Artist availability schedules
Emailing with clients
Receiving notes, schedules, and being an overall contact for clients
Ingest and Delivery of Footage
Unload and Load hard drives to and from our server
Make sure Drives match VFX Lists
Organizing shot status
Keeping an eye on the status of shots and the Artists working on them in conjunction with Delivery Status
Organizing Status on spreadsheets and/or Shot Tracking Software (Shotgun etc.)
Communication between Offices
Sharing Assets and communicating with the LA office to increase efficiency in our pipeline
Keeping track of Timesheets with HR
Sending Hourly timesheets of our Freelancers to Human Resources on the correct dates
Day to Day operations
Ordering food, office supplies, sending cleaning invoices, arranging services (internet, phone, IT, etc)
Los Angeles: Texture/Surfacing Artist - Contract
- Must be able to create photo-real textures for creatures and mechanical objects
- Textures must hold up to large format feature film exhibition.
- Artist would be required to work on-site with directors and producers.
- Artist must have basic technical knowledge of assigning textures to Renderman, shaders in Maya and presenting looks in Renderman.
- Must be able to adjust UV's as needed.
- Final renders will be done in Renderman.
Los Angeles: Look Development Artist - Contract
- Must have experience using Maya and Renderman.
- Creatures, spacecraft etc. need to be developed for a science fiction photo-real feature film.
- Artist must be able to manipulate textures and shaders for rendering.
Los Angeles: Character Animator - Contract
- Should have a good sense of photo-real creature motion.
- Must be able to interpret movement in gravity as well as zero G.
- Proficiency in Maya is a must.